Karen Carney delighted fans as she told them she was ‘back on the dancefloor’ months after winning Strictly

Strictly Come Dancing stars Karen Carney and Luba Mushtuk(Image: Karen Carney Instagram)
Karen Carney has told fans she was ‘back on the dancefloor’ months after winning Strictly Come Dancing as she reunited with one of her former co-stars after they announced their exit from the popular programme.
Those who followed the BBC One dance contest last year know that the former footballer emegered victorious during the final of Strictly’s 2025 series in December alongside her professional dance partner, Carlos Gu.
Lioness Karen showed what she was capable of during week one of the competition, when she became the first footballer to top the leaderboard in 18 years. She then made history once more when she became the first footballer to win the show, with her and Carlos beating off competiton from fellow finalists Amber Davies and Nikita Kuzmin, and George Clarke and Alexis Warr.
After she was announced as the winner following an emotional final, Karen said: “I can’t believe it. I just want to say thank you to everybody that has supported our journey, and supported us. Thank you to this wonderful gentleman, we are a team and I couldn’t have done it without you. It’s been the biggest privilege and honour. I’m literally lost for words, I’m so sorry.”
While she couldn’t join the Strictly Come Dancing Live 2026 tour, which took place earlier this year, it seems Karen doesn’t want to stop dancing and took an opportunity to join former show pro Luba Mushtuk’s latest dance class, which came days after she confirmed her exit from Strictly.
Karen was back dancing with Strictly pro Luba, who recently announced her exit from the show(Image: Karen Carney Instagram)
The professional dancer has been part of the BBC One dance show’s line-up since 2016, and has parterned a number of celebrities including actor Adam Thomas and presenter Nick Knowles.
But on Friday (March 27), Luba became the third dancer to confirm their departure from Strictly ahead of the 2026 series, which is currently without hosts after Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman stepped down at the end of the 2025 series in December.
Sharing pictures of herself and Luba reuniting in the dance studio, Karen shared on Instagram: “Reunited @lubamushtuk. Back on a dance floor and had the best time at her class.” And the reunion left fans delighted.
@rozsiviter said: “Awww love this, dancing queeeeen.” @elise.brooks_ commented: “Thank god you’re back on a dance floor!!!” @strictlyscarlos wrote: “Love that your back dancing.” @annaspeckham posted: “Never seen a celeb immerse themselves in Strictly the way you have, love it.”
@lizzy.strictly shared: “This is so cute! Glad to see you two reunite!” @rugbyfanann added: “Wonderful photo, you look so happy back on a dance floor again, but we all know how much you love to dance. so sad Strictly’s loosing Luba.”
As mentioned, Luba was the third dancer to have confirmed their departure at the time, with it already announced that Karen Hauer and Nadiya Bychkova would be leaving Strictly, after 14 and nine years respectively on the show, while Michelle Tsiakkas has since addressed her own departure after four years.
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load