A large-scale search was launched when the man split up from a friend as they went collecting firewood in rugged bushland.

A man who went missing in rugged bushland in Tasmania’s north for more than three days has been found alive.
Corey Chugg, 32, went missing in bushland at Mt Barrow near Nunamara on Sunday night when he split up with a friend as they went collecting firewood.
Following a wide-scale search of an area about 20km outside Launceston, Mr Chugg was located by search and rescue teams.
In an update on Thursday afternoon, Tasmania Police said he was found in a creek bed at the bottom of a steep incline, on the edge of the search area.
“He alerted searchers to his location by answering their calls,” they said.
“He had a suffered a foot injury and was weakened by exposure to the elements after being without food, water and warm clothing since Sunday night.”
He was assessed by paramedics before being winched out by the rescue helicopter and taken to hospital for further treatment.
Incredible footage was released by Tasmania Police which revealed the moment Mr Chugg was flown out of thick bushland.
Corey Chugg, 32, went missing in bushland at Mt Barrow near Nunamara on Sunday night when he split up with a friend as they went collecting firewood. Picture: Tasmania Police
A wide-scale search was launched of an area about 20km outside Launceston. Picture: Tasmania Police
The full extent of his physical condition and any injuries is not yet known.
Mr Chugg’s family has been advised of the good news.
The wide-scale search was centred between Nunamara and Mount Barrow, northeast of Launceston.
The search area had been narrowed using pings from Mr Chugg’s mobile phone, Inspector Aleena Crack earlier said.
News
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
Tributes are pouring in for Dr Nikhil Autar, a pioneering young doctor and former NSW Young Australian of the Year, who has d!3d at just 32
Tributes flow for pioneering doctor, former NSW Young Australian of the Year Dr Nikhil Autar following death at age 32 A “beloved” young doctor and former NSW Australian of the Year who overcame teenage leukaemia has died aged 32. A…
TRAGIC CRASH VERDICT — Man sentenced over f4tal collision that k!ll3d Ian Welldon in Toowoomba
Man sentenced for killing Ian Welldon in Toowoomba truck and motorcycle crash Ian Welldon was described by his family as funny, kind and hard-working. (Supplied: Welldon family) Allan John Eveleigh has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail after pleading guilty…
End of content
No more pages to load