A MISSING father who disappeared after a car accident was found dead months later.

The man, 59-year-old Dan Davis, captured national attention after he had gone missing following a crash in which he was believed to have had a head injury.

The body of Chicago father Dan Davis was found months after he disappearedCredit: Family Handout

His daughter, Wendy, led a nationwide search for himCredit: Family Handout
According to reports, he had denied medical attention.
Davis was last seen in late November near his job at an Illinois bar.
Police had dropped him off at his workplace that night, with body camera clips showing that he had trouble walking, according to CBS News.
He was seen on various cameras around the area.
During the search, his daughter said that footage showed he had been “going through people’s yards, cutting through alleys,” and even asking for directions.
“We have like 10 different videos [of him] walking around pretty disoriented,” Wendy Davis said at the time.
“He’s walking a bit crooked and seems confused.”
His daughter confirmed on Facebook that his body was found this week.
“It’s an eerie feeling – thank god this terrible chapter of constant unknown is finally over. But now starts a new terrible chapter without my smarter, goofier, and relentlessly selfless other half,” Wendy Davis wrote in a post.
“This is the news we’ve all been expecting in a way, but nothing really prepares you for it.”
His body was found in a forest preserve Monday, according to the CBS News.
“The virality of dad’s case is something none of us expected,” Wendy Davis continued.
“The support from millions of people across the whole world carried our spirits high throughout these last few months.”
“If nothing else, I can confidently say this whole thing gave me so much more faith in humanity,” Wendy said.

“The virality of dad’s case is something none of us expected,” Wendy Davis said in a postCredit: Cook County Sheriff’s Department / ABC7

Body camera footage showed Davis before he had gone missing in NovemberCredit: Cook County Sheriff’s Department / ABC7
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load