
A woman raped by Tom Silvagni has broken her silence, revealing the ‘exhausting’ impact the case has had on every part of her life. Credit: Supplied/TikTok
The victim of convicted rapist Tom Silvagni has broken her silence, revealing the “exhausting” impact the case has had on every part of her life.
The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said she wanted to share her story to remind other survivors that the emotional chaos that follows sexual violence — the highs, lows and everything in between — is completely normal.
Silvagni, 23, was jailed in the Victorian County Court in December, receiving a six‑year, two‑month sentence and a non‑parole period of three years and three months after a jury found him guilty of two counts of rape.
The attack took place on January 14, 2024, inside a bedroom of the Silvagni family’s luxury mansion which is the home of AFL great Stephen Silvagni and television presenter Jo Silvagni.
While appealing his rape conviction, Silvagni is currently being held in the notoriously tough Melbourne Assessment Prison as he waits for the next stage of the legal process.
The victim said she had stayed silent after the sentencing because of legal constraints, but felt compelled to speak this week after noticing many of her new followers were also survivors of sexual assault.

“I want to talk about what I’m going through,” she said. “Hopefully, it’s something you’ll recognise in your own journey.”
She said she has been “crashing out” emotionally as she tries to gather the strength to begin rebuilding her life and while her social media might make it look like she’s “out having fun,” it doesn’t show the moments when she struggles.
The victim described the verdict and the sentencing as a “whirlwind” that felt surreal. She said people expect her to “move on” now that justice has been served, but that it hadn’t been that simple.
She admitted her mind “still can’t process” that Silvagni was found guilty and jailed, and that it will take time to fully
She has only recently returned to work in a casual role and said even that feels “ten times more energy‑draining.”

Although the victim +hasn’t spoken publicly until now because the case is still technically ongoing, she said she wanted to share moments like this to reassure others in the same position that what they’re feeling is normal after sexual assault.
“I’m sorry if you are unfortunately one day in this position, but I hope, if you are, then this might bring you some comfort,” she said.
Mr Silvagni was found guilty after a jury heard his victim arrived at a Balwyn North home just after midnight, invited there by his model girlfriend Alannah Laconis.
Earlier drinking had wrapped up, leaving only Mr Silvagni, Ms Laconis and Silvagni’s former best mate Anthony LoGuidice — with whom the victim was in a casual sexual relationship — still at the house by 12.23am.
The court heard the woman then had consensual sex with Mr LoGuidice in an upstairs bedroom.

Mr LoGuidice left in an Uber at 1.58am, arriving home at 2.09am.
Mr Silvagni then lied to the woman, telling her Mr LoGuidice’s Uber had been cancelled and that he’d soon be back upstairs. Instead, he walked into the dark bedroom himself, climbed into the bed and impersonated LoGuidice, before digitally raping her twice.
During sentencing in December, Silvagni stared on in prison greens as Judge Greg Lyon described the “vileness” of the attacks, saying he had used “cunning, planning and strategy” once the “opportunity” to rape the woman arose.
“You committed the second rape over her protests,” Judge Lyon said, adding Silvagni had even tried to pressure his lifelong friend Mr LoGuidice into taking the blame.
Judge Lyon also praised widespread media reporting of Silvagni’s case as “objective” and “accurate” before jailing Mr Silvagni for a maximum six years and two months with a non-parole period of three years and three months.
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load